Call for Tender 2021 – "A Survey on China’s Image in CEE 2021"
1. About Us
China-CEE Institute, registered as a non-profit limited company in Budapest, was established by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in April 2017. China-CEE Institute aims to build ties and strengthen partnerships with academic institutions and think tanks in Hungary as well as other European countries.
China-CEE Institute encourages scholars and researchers from CEE countries to carry out joint research and field studies, to (co-)organize seminars and lecture series, and to launch some training programs for students, newly established researchers, etc.2. Survey in 2021
China-CEE Institute launches a tender entitled “A Survey on China’s Image in CEE 2021”. The aim of this survey is to identify that how people in CEE countries view modern China, China’s development, the Belt & Road Initiative (BRI) as well as China-CEEC Cooperation. The result of the survey will provide a platform for both China and CEE countries to further promote mutual understanding. The survey is funded by the China-CEE Institute. Institutions engaging with opinion polls are preferred.3. Tender Guidelines
· Both individual legal institutions and multiple legal institutions registered in CEE countries are eligible for the survey In the latter case (consortia), there should be a leading legal institution and a letter of intent signed by other legal institutions as partners.
· The survey should cover all 16 CEE countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, the Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, and Slovenia), as well as Greece and Belarus.
· The sample for each country is 1000, which represents a balanced group among different ages, gender, occupations as well as educational
· Main tasks for the survey:
-How do you evaluate China’s economic development in the last 2 years?
-How did China’s importance in the world change over the last 5 years?
-Have you ever heard about the cooperation between China and the Central and Eastern European countries?
-How strong do you think the relationship between China and your country is?
-How do you consider the possible impact of the Belt and Road Initiative in the next 5 years, which aims to strengthen trade and economic relations between China and your country?
· Duration: 60 days
· Maximum budget for project: 60,000 Euro
· The final survey report should be written in English4. Tender Requirements
· A methodological proposal for the survey
· A questionnaire sample
· A cover letter indicating the expertise and intention for the survey
· A budget outlining for implementation
· A timeline for the survey5. Timeframe
· Application deadline: 6 September 2021
· Announcement for the winner: 20 September 2021
· Submission of final survey report: 20 November 20216. Contacts
Research Director, China-CEE Institute Email: Shao.Binhong@China-cee.eu
Junior Research Fellow, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences Email: Qi.Qiangfei@China-cee.eu
Description of the company
China-CEE Institute, registered as a non-profit limited company in Budapest, was established by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in April 2017.