Ministry of agriculture and rural development of tho Slovak republic
The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of the Slovak Republic is top government body responsible for drafting and implementing laws and regulations in field agriculture and rural development in Slovakia.
The Ministry performs state administration within the scope of its remit, including specialised state supervision in the areas of agriculture and rural development and it directs, guides and inspects the performance of state supervision in the following areas in particular:
- protection and use of agricultural land and forest land,
- the functions of state administration in forestry and hunting,
- land consolidation, the fulfilment of restitution claims and the settlement of land ownership,
- the functions of state administration of irrigation systems, drainage systems, monitoring the quality of irrigation water, issuing the Agricultural Code of Conduct,
- plant varieties, animal breeds, plant health care and veterinary care including veterinary protection of state territory and control of the import and export of animals, animal and plant products, veterinary medicines, feed and plant protection products,
- official control of foodstuffs and animal feed and control of the quality of agricultural, food and tobacco products,
- technical control of agricultural and food machinery and equipment,
- commodity exchanges,
- provision of support in agriculture and rural development,
- issuing permits for the production of alcohol, its processing in distilleries and its marketing,
- the licensing of the production of tobacco products,
- the issuing of certification of authorisation to operate a public warehouse, approval of the business terms and conditions of a public warehouse, the keeping of a central register of storage accounts, the performance of control of public warehouses and the registration of goods receipts.
Technical university in Zvolen
The aim of educational process at TUZVO is to provide graduates with a broad knowledge of forestry, wood science and technology, ecology and environment, manufacturing and environmental technology, emphasizing also specific methods and knowledges. Due to the multifunctional structure of curricula our graduates are able to find employment in the whole range of the above mentioned areas as well as in other specialisation-related areas.
At present, the TU comprises four faculties.
- The Faculty of Forestry
- The Faculty of Wood Sciences and Technology
- The Faculty of Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- The Faculty of Environmental and Manufacturing Technolog
NFC – Forest Research Institute (NFC-FRI Zvolen)
NLC is involved:
- Finding better ways of sustainable management of natural resources, improving tree quality and forest operations and helping clients to solve forestry and tree-related problems.
- Linking the relevant research and know-how to forest and woodland practice.
- Chemical analysis of plant, water, soil and animal tissue samples, testing of plant stock quality and tree assessment products. Foliar analysis service – chemical analysis of foliage.
- Finding ways to enhance public awareness about multiple aspects of forest management and the role of forests in the society. Implementing new approaches to life-long education of forestry professionals.
- Technical and environmental services and advice to scientists, forest managers and land based industries – surveying, experiments, and software solutions.
- Laboratory-based diagnostic services, computer-based decision support systems, treatment services, herbicidal and other products.
- Forestry library, photographic library, and technical forestry and environmental publications.
ThePulp and Paper Research Institute
The main target to promote the development of the pulp and paper industry in Czechoslovakia. The Institute has participated in both preparation and implementation of development actions of the Czech and Slovak pulp and paper industry.
It has directed towards technological research and development and industrial application, on technical assistance to pulp and paper mills and converting plants, on enhancing the skill of the papermakers and on retrieval and dissemination of professional and economical information.Hello